This December, we plan to publish a holiday/winter series on Channillo, which will be a wonderful collection of poetry, essays, & short stories by various authors! All of the poems, essays, and stories will have a holiday and/or winter theme or setting. Please read all of the guidelines, rules, and general information below before submitting your work. A limited number of our favorite submissions will be chosen for the series.
1. Submissions are free and anyone can submit their work. There is no age limit and you do not have to be a U.S. citizen.
2. Entries should be short stories, poems, or essays with a maximum word count of 4000.
3. Entries should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of "Channillo Winter Series Submission". In the body of the email please include a link to your Channillo profile (see #4). Each story, poem, or essay should be submitted as an attached file (Microsoft Word is preferred) that does not include the writer's name (or identifiable information). Please include the type of work it is (short story, poem, or essay) and if the work has been previously published. You can include multiple submissions in the same email if you wish.
4. Please create a Channillo profile if you don't already have one (https://channillo.com/signup/). Your profile must include your name (or pen name) and a short bio in order for your submission to be eligible. Additional profile information is optional. If your submission is selected, it will be linked to your profile when published, and readers will be encouraged to check it out and learn more about you and your work.
5. The submission period begins on 10/24/19 and ends on 11/29/19. Selected writers will be notified via email in early December and the selected stories, poems, & essays will be published on Channillo shortly after.
6. The exact number of submissions that will be selected is yet to be determined.
7. Entries must be the original work of the writer. Previously published work is allowed as long as the writer owns the rights to it. Each writer is allowed a maximum of 3 entries in each category (short stories, essays, poems).
8. We'd love for you to purchase a Channillo membership if you don't already have one, and start reading all the great content on Channillo, but a membership is not required in order for your work to be selected.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com. Good luck!